If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this recipe from somewhere a million years ago. It is the perfect little something to accompany fish, shell fish, or rare roast beef. I think that I first started serving it with kabobs and now I even use it as a base for slaw. - MyCommunalTable - MyCommunalTable
Food52 Review: I would never, ever have thought to combine horseradish with orange zest and juice. What a delicious concoction! The orange magically holds in check the boisterousness of the generous amount of horseradish used, while the cultured and sweet creams provide a rich smoothness. The touch of mustard is brilliant, too. I used this in a carrot salad and in my favorite salted cabbage salad, and also served it with some cold leftover pork shoulder. I halved the recipe, thinking I wouldn’t need 2 ½ cups. That worked just fine, but I was dead wrong about not needing that much. I’ll be making more, soon. - AntoniaJames - AntoniaJames
Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup white horseradish, drained or squeezed out
- 2 T. tablespoons fresh orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- pinches sugar
- splashes fresh squeezed orange juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, horseradish, orange zest, splash or slight squeeze of orange juice, and mustard in a bowl.
- In another bowl whip heavy whipping cream until it forms peaks. (I like my cream quite thick, while my sister likes her's whipped to soft peaks. You're call.)
- Fold the first bowl into the whipped cream. Then add sugar, salt and pepper. Taste, adjust seasoning. Will hold in fridge for half a day as a sauce or couple days if you use it as a base for slaw. Taste good served immediately as well.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.