If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: in my garden, veggies often come in gluts and i rely on my many cookbooks to inspire me and be the foundation of great recipes. This one had its beginnings from the Silver Spoon but I changed it up a bit to fit my personal preference - eggs&herbs13
- 1/2 of a small horseradish root
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 14 ounces fresh carrots
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons curly leaf parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Mix the lemon juice, oil, vinegar, mustard, and sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Peel the horseradish root. Chop in half and if there is a "woody" as I call it center, remove it. Then thinly slice the horseradish into strips. Add to the bowl with the liquids.
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin strips about 4 inches long. Have the width be about two times larger then you would to julienne carrots.
- Add the carrots to the horseradish mixture and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes, allowing the flavors to seep in to the carrots. Remove and salt and pepper to taste. If desired, sprinkle some roughly chopped parsley or cilantro over the dish to add an extra texture, color, and slight flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Berti Foraging Knife
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.