If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My partner and I recently started a blog, http://thymetokale.blogspot.com/, to help us eat all of our CSA vegetables each week. We figure public shame will deter us from ordering takeout when we could be roasting parsnips. Our delivery is tomorrow, and this recipe was born of needing to use up leftover greens from last week's CSA box. I had some garlic jack so I used that, but you could use regular jack cheese and just add some a few cloves of minced garlic with the onions. It's delicious and really easy to make. - clintonhillbilly
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 to 1 cups white wine
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups mixed dandelion greens and chard, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup grated garlic jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon walnut or olive oil
- black pepper
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan and sautee chopped red onion until just beginning to soften.
- Add arborio rice and sautee, stirring, for a few minutes. Add a little olive oil here if needed.
- Add greens and stir it all together. Then add 1/2 cup white wine and let it cook down.
- Once the white wine seems mostly cooked down, start adding broth about a half cup or a cup at a time. When the rice has absorbed most of the broth, add more until you have added it all. If the rice starts sticking, throwing in a little more white wine to help you scrape off the stuck bits is helpful.
- When you've got most of the broth in, add the sundried tomatoes and tomato sauce. When the rice has a nice soft, creamy texture, mix in the cheeses.
- Drizzle over some walnut oil or good olive oil, top with black pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe