If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With the subtle crunch of radishes, the sweet softness of cukes, and the gentle wonderfulness of of avocadoes, you can take this in the direction you like best. For southwestern, add chipotle (smoked jalapeño) chile powder, and for Asian, add some dashes of soy sauce and fish sauce along with some Siracha. Add some tender spring ramps, and be sure to include some of their tender greens, as well as some chives just peeking out to see if winter is truly done with us. And use it however you wish: on burgers, on salmon; with omelettes, with muishui or soft-rolled whatever. - boulangere
Makes enough for 4 servings as a condiment
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 radishes, trimmed, washed, small dice
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 4 spring ramps or scallion greens, sliced on the diagonal 1/4"
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 handful of spring chives, snipped
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (Asian)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (Asian)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (Asian) or cider vinegar (SW)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (Asian) or canola oil (SW)
- 1 teaspoon Siracha (Asian) or chipotle powder (SW), or to taste!
- Sea or kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Combine first eight ingredients (through prepared horseradish) and toss gently to blend.
- Decide in which direction you intend to take it: Asian or Sothwestern, and continue to season accordingly.
- Toss all ingredients to blend. Taste and adjust seasonings according to your degree of heat (Siracha or chipotle) or brightness (horseradish and/or lime).
- Finally, however you are using it, use it up! It doesn't keep. Personally, whichever ethnic profile, I could eat a boatload of it alone straight out of the bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish