Author Notes: This recipe is very easy and perfect for a cold, late winter days. - KoloaDeb
- unsalted butter, room temperature, for baking dish
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 6), peeled & thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoons black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 F. Butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the cream, horseradish, nutmeg, salt & pepper. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Transfer the potato mixture to the prepared baking dish, pressing gently to submerge the potatoes. Cover the dish with foil, place on rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil. Bake until the potatoes are tender and golden, 50 to 65 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish