If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm trying to be budget conscious and use up all the groceries I purchase. I had seen a recipe the other day for a carrot soup, made creamy with a coconut milk. I was going to just try that recipe, when I saw that in addition to the carrots that were on their last legs, I also had a sweet potato that needed to be used up. The end result was a warm and creamy soup with a hit of spice from the curry paste... a perfect dinner for the cold dreary weather that is plaguing our spring days. - SimplySarah
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4-6 medium carrots, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 3/4-1 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium high heat, sautee the shallot in heated olive oil. When softened, add in curry paste and toast in the oil.
- Add in sweet potato and carrots. Season with a pinch of salt and some pepper. Stir well to coat with curry paste. At this point you may need to add a tablespoon of water to deglaze the pan and prevent the curry paste from burning. Lower the heat to medium low.
- Sautee the carrots and sweet potato for 5 minutes. Pour in broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes. Or until vegetables are very soft.
- Pour all items into blender and puree until smooth. You may need to add additional broth at this point to achieve the smooth consistency. Use care with this step - hot soup can splatter and you don't want to burn yourself.
- Return soup to washed pan, and add in coconut milk. Place over medium heat and bring back to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary
- Serve with an extra teaspoon of coconut milk swirled on top.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.