Author Notes: I'm not much of a potato fan, they usually just kind of bore me. But at a BBQ a couple of summers ago, I tried the most amazing potatoes. They were so sweet, and so salty, and so much chewier and substantive than I'd ever imagined a potato could be. I interviewed the chef, and learned two secrets: surprisingly low heat, and lots of salt. - linzarella
Serves a crowd
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes on the small side
- plenty of olive oil
- more salt than you think you need
- Preheat the oven to 325. Put the potatoes in a baking dish, toss them with olive oil and salt, and roast for 60 - 90 minutes, til they are crispy and carmelized on the outside, and chewy on the inside.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side