Author Notes: While I do love custard based ice creams, this one solved two problems: I wanted to make and eat some ice cream right away, and I needed to use up a batch of homemade crème fraîche before it went "south". All you do here is blend the ice cream ingredients, then freeze in an ice cream maker- no tempering the yolks, waiting for the custard to cool, etc. This is best right out of the ice cream maker when it has a soft and fabulous texture; it will harden up considerably after being in the freezer overnight. If you'd like to make your own creme fraiche, you can find the recipe I used on my blog: http://www.healthygreenkitchen.com/diy-creme-fraiche.html - WinnieAb
- 2 cups sliced organic strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup creme fraiche (I used homemade)
- 1 cup milk, half and half or heavy cream (I used milk)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Freeze in your ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.