If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We made different types of Dumpling with our Japanese friend Mayo —pauljoseph
- For wrap:
- 5-cup Maida (-milled wheat flour )
- 2 table spoon of oil
- 1 cup of water (depending on the dough don’t put the water all at once, gradually use it)
- salt to tast
- 2lb cleaned prawns
- 1 large red onions
- 1 cup cabbage.
- 1 small bunch of cilantro.
- 2 teaspoon of ginger.
- • • 1 tablespoon of garlic.
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper crushed
- 1 Green chili
- • 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Salt to taste.
- For filling:
- Make a puree with onion, cilantro garlic, ginger ,green chili and cabbage Mix with prawns
- Cover and let it chill in fridge for 1hr
- For wrap:
- Mix both flour with salt and oil. Add the water slowly until you reach the consistency you want.
- Note: Dough should not be very sticky.
- Now make the dough into small round pieces and roll them flat with rolling pin. Make them thin. The bottom part should be thicker then the rest.Repeat this process for rest of the dough and you can make them the size you prefer.
- the filling in the center of the wrap and start making crease bringing all the ends together.
- Make them into round shape
- Note: Make sure there are no holes for air and juices to escape.
- Get the steamer ready with boiling water and oil the surface .Put the Dumpling in steamer and steam them for 30 minutes or depending on the thickness of dough. When they are done the warp turns shiny.
- You can serve it hot or cold with the sauce or soup of your choice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dumplings
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.