Author Notes: This "dessert egg roll" is wickedly delicious. - tulueats - tulueats
Food52 Review: There are three words to describe this dish; simple, delicious, and addictive. The crispiness of the fried egg roll combined with the soft, warm banana is a marriage made in food heaven. One of the many things that I like about this recipe is that it's versatile. You could make a Banana Split Egg Roll bar with all the ice cream and toppings, and just let everyone go at it and make their own creations. This is a recipe I will definitely keep in my arsenal! - MHardison79 - MHardison79
- 4 egg roll wrapers
- 2 bananas, sliced thin
- 5 ounces fine chocolate, shaved or grated
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- Fill center of each egg roll wrapper with 6 slices of banana, an ounce or more of shaved chocolate, and a dash of cinnamon if you like.
- Tuck ends and roll up the wrapper.
- Heat 1/3 cup of vegetable oil in a sauce pan. When almost smoking, drop the egg rolls carefully into the oil. You must turn them quickly on all sides; they will brown very fast.
- When brown, remove them from the pan and place them on paper towels to drain.
- Serve hot with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top.