If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This "dessert egg roll" is wickedly delicious. - tulueats —tulueats
Food52 Review: There are three words to describe this dish; simple, delicious, and addictive. The crispiness of the fried egg roll combined with the soft, warm banana is a marriage made in food heaven. One of the many things that I like about this recipe is that it's versatile. You could make a Banana Split Egg Roll bar with all the ice cream and toppings, and just let everyone go at it and make their own creations. This is a recipe I will definitely keep in my arsenal! - MHardison79 —MHardison79
- 4 egg roll wrapers
- 2 bananas, sliced thin
- 5 ounces fine chocolate, shaved or grated
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- Fill center of each egg roll wrapper with 6 slices of banana, an ounce or more of shaved chocolate, and a dash of cinnamon if you like.
- Tuck ends and roll up the wrapper.
- Heat 1/3 cup of vegetable oil in a sauce pan. When almost smoking, drop the egg rolls carefully into the oil. You must turn them quickly on all sides; they will brown very fast.
- When brown, remove them from the pan and place them on paper towels to drain.
- Serve hot with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top.
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.