If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was given a bushel of sweet potatoes and while we love them, I wanted to venture beyond the "usual" recipes. I started adding them to some of our favorite dishes and one that turned out really well is my Sweet Potato Pot Stickers. —mleverette
Serves 4 to 6
- 1.5 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 round wonton wrappers
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, onion, cabbage, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and pepper. Mix well.
- Place wonton wrappers on work surface and cover with a damp kitchen towel. Working with one wrapper at a time, place 1 teaspoon of filling in middle of wrapper. Brush edges with water and fold wonton in half, pressing edges together to seal. Set aside and cover with plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, fry filled wontons until golden brown, about 1 minute. Recoat pan as needed with remaining vegetable oil.
- Return wontons to pan and add chicken stock. Cover and simmer until stock is almost absorbed, about 15 minutes. Uncover and cook until stock is completely absorbed and bottoms of pot stickers are crisp.
- Serve pot stickers warm with additional soy sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dumplings
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).