Author Notes: Before our guests arrived, I finished putting the trays of appetizers together; on my way upstairs to change clothes, I asked my husband to stick the salsa cups in the oven. I come down 12 minutes later as my husband is greeting our first guest, and take out the "wrong" tray of appetizers from the oven! No big deal, I just toss the tray into the corner of the kitchen...(Who bakes guacamole?) So I toss the "real" appetizers into the oven but imagine my suprise when everybody starts eating them, and asking for more! - lorigoldsby
- 2 packets phyllo dough cups
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 serrano peper, finely diced
- salt and cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 36 cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sour cream or mexican crema
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes, seeded/drained
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- You can use prepared phyllo cups or alternatively make your own with 4 sheets of phyllo cut to fit into each mini muffin tin.
- Mash avocado and season with kosher salt, cracked pepper, serrano pepper, lime, ground cumin and coriander.
- Fill unbaked cups with guacamole.
- Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.
- Guacamole will look brown when you remove it from the oven (that is why I tossed the tray to the side) but place a small layer of the mexican crema or sour cream on top to cover. Add a cilantro leaf and a few pieces of diced tomato (I use campari tomatoes) to garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dumplings
Tags: Cocktail Party