If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Before our guests arrived, I finished putting the trays of appetizers together; on my way upstairs to change clothes, I asked my husband to stick the salsa cups in the oven. I come down 12 minutes later as my husband is greeting our first guest, and take out the "wrong" tray of appetizers from the oven! No big deal, I just toss the tray into the corner of the kitchen...(Who bakes guacamole?) So I toss the "real" appetizers into the oven but imagine my suprise when everybody starts eating them, and asking for more! —lorigoldsby
- 2 packets phyllo dough cups
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 serrano peper, finely diced
- salt and cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 36 cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sour cream or mexican crema
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes, seeded/drained
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- You can use prepared phyllo cups or alternatively make your own with 4 sheets of phyllo cut to fit into each mini muffin tin.
- Mash avocado and season with kosher salt, cracked pepper, serrano pepper, lime, ground cumin and coriander.
- Fill unbaked cups with guacamole.
- Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.
- Guacamole will look brown when you remove it from the oven (that is why I tossed the tray to the side) but place a small layer of the mexican crema or sour cream on top to cover. Add a cilantro leaf and a few pieces of diced tomato (I use campari tomatoes) to garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dumplings
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.