If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Potato and leek soup is a very common soup. I once added my parmesan cheese to my soup just to see what it would taste like. It knocked my socks off. I thought the richness of the cheese only enhanced the combination of the potato and leek even further, making the soup extra creamy. I thought it was only fitting for this contest, and so I made a combination of the three ingredients into a tasty little golden envelope and served them as a dumpling. - dieubert
- 3 small to medium potatoes
- 1 bunch leeks
- 2 cups of parmesan cheese
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 packets of dumpling wrappers
- 2 eggs
- Start by peeling the potatoes then shred and place in a colander to drain the excess juice. Cut the leeks length wise, then cut into small pieces, about the same size as the potatoes. Shred the parmesan cheese then toss the three ingredients into a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, whisk up two eggs in a separate bowl. You'll need this to coat the dumpling wrappers. On a flat surface, moisten the wrapper with the egg and then add about a tablespoon of stuffing into the middle. Next, fold one edge over the stuffing to form a triangle.
- In a pot over high heat, pour in about an inch worth of oil. I used olive oil. Wait until the oil reaches high heat to drop in the dumplings. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Instead of drying them on a paper towel, use a cooling rack placed over a cookie sheet to catch the oil. This will prevent the dough from softening immediately.
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dumplings
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.