Author Notes: As soon as spring comes, this is the first salad on my menu.
It is really our family’s favorite salad. - Kukla
- • 1 bunch very fresh radishes with the green tops
- • 3 fresh firm bright green cucumbers (Persian or 1English)
- • 3 hard boiled eggs
- • 5-6 scallions (green and white parts chopped)
- • 1½ tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- • ½ cup sour cream
- • ½ cup Greek yogurt
- • 1cup good feta cheese (French or Greek)
- • Salt and freshly grinded black pepper
- In a small bowl mix together sour cream, yogurt, dill, salt and pepper sat aside. In a salad bowl combine chopped cucumbers, radishes (reserve the green tops), chopped eggs, and scallions.
- Keep the vegetables and eggs in refrigerator and the sauce in a jar until ready to serve or pack.
- Pour in the sour cream and yogurt sauce; Add feta cheese (chopped in medium size cubs), mix gently trying not to smash the eggs and feta. Garnish with the green leaves from the radishes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe