If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes you just need a plain old burger to satisfy a salty (and somewhat sinful?) craving . . . these portabella burgers hit the spot every time, plus you don't feel gilty after taking the last bite of a juicy burger!!!! Pair them with baked potatoes and you've got a delicious, healthy and hearty meal
- 2 Portabella mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos (Tamari, Nama Shoyu, or low-sodium soy sauce also work)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Marinate portobellos with Braggs, sesame oil, and agave for at least 30 minutes (on a weekday I leave them on the fridge since the night before) * Beware of soy sauces, the have the power to make your burgers insanely salty!!! If you cannot find Braggs, use a bit less soy sauce and mix with balsamic vinegar
- Place them on a grill at medium-high heat, and cook until soft and juicy.
- Serve on a whole wheat burger bun, with desired add ons. My favorite way of dressing up my burgers is with avocado, fresh tomatoes, sprouts, veganize, and chipotle mustard.
- 1 medium yukon potato, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut your potatoes into bite size pieces and run through cold water to get rid of some of their starch.
- In a small bowl mix the minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil, and spices.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking dish and drizzle with oil mixture (here I mix everything with my hands to get the potatoes evenly coated, but you can very well use a good old spoon to do it).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly browned and cooked trough.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.