Author Notes: I set out to make this as a side..when all was said and done, however, we could each only eat half. It's now become a "main". - inpatskitchen
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- olive oil for brushing the caps
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, steamed and squeezed dry or 5 -6 ounces chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup crushed croutons, either homeade or good quality store bought
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Clean the mushrooms, cut out any stem and scrape out the gills. Brush the caps with a little olive oil and place cap side down in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine all the other ingredients, reserving a half cup of the shredded mozzarella.
- Divide the mixture between the two mushrooms and bake, uncovered, at 350F for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the half cup reserved shredded mozzarella over the mushrooms and bake ten minutes more.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms