If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I set out to make this as a side..when all was said and done, however, we could each only eat half. It's now become a "main". —inpatskitchen
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- olive oil for brushing the caps
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, steamed and squeezed dry or 5 -6 ounces chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup crushed croutons, either homeade or good quality store bought
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Clean the mushrooms, cut out any stem and scrape out the gills. Brush the caps with a little olive oil and place cap side down in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine all the other ingredients, reserving a half cup of the shredded mozzarella.
- Divide the mixture between the two mushrooms and bake, uncovered, at 350F for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the half cup reserved shredded mozzarella over the mushrooms and bake ten minutes more.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
What and where to eat on Maryland's eastern shore
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Transform the humble shoebox.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Summer, please don't go.
Get your shine on.