If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love mushrooms combined with a traditional alfredo sauce - it makes for a much earthier dish. —erinmcdowell
- 1 pound fettucine (I used whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- generous splash of white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup peas
- salt and lots of fresh ground pepper, to taste
- fresh chopped parsley, to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender, about 7-9 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine and reduce completely, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in the Parmesan and peas. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley and more cheese, if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.