Author Notes: I love mushrooms combined with a traditional alfredo sauce - it makes for a much earthier dish. - erinmcdowell
- 1 pound fettucine (I used whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- generous splash of white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup peas
- salt and lots of fresh ground pepper, to taste
- fresh chopped parsley, to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender, about 7-9 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine and reduce completely, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in the Parmesan and peas. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley and more cheese, if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms