If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This meal tastes better outside (with a spritzy class of wine in your hand). - erinmcdowell
- 4 pork chops
- olive oil, as needed for brushing
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 basket mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- fresh chopped thyme, to taste
- Brush the pork chops with olive oil, and season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Set aside and begin to heat the grill/grill pan.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes more.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes and broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and continue to simmer until the liquid mostly evaporates, about 10-15 minutes. It will still have enough liquid to be saucy, but the broth will have reduced and have bolder flavor. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Meanwhile, grill the pork chops until cooked through, about 7-9 minutes (or more, depending on thickness). Serve with sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.