If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 bunch asparagus, stalks cut in thirds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, very thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
Soft Shell Crabs
- 2 soft shell crabs
- salt and pepper, as needed
- flour, as needed for dredging
- oil, as needed for pan-frying
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. If desired, shock in an ice bath to stop cooking and retain an especially green color. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the shallots and leeks until soft, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the asparagus and toss to heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the crab with salt and pepper. Dredge the crab in the flour to coat.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat, and add the crab. Cook until the crab is bright red and crisp, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve over the mushroom and asparagus saute.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
How to Eat Cookies for Breakfast
Well, cookie butter that is
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
The sauce savior.
Put cake on a pedestal.