If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite weekend breakfasts, in particular on crisp, cool mornings when the chanterelles are looking especially nice at the local farmer’s market. My best friend Emily introduced me to the flavor combination of chanterelles, rosemary, and eggs, but I tweaked to make it either: a) less healthful or b) more luxurious, depending on how you choose to look at it. Please, please, please have some buttered toast with this. The crunchy, buttery bread goes so well with the creamy eggs!
If you want a milder rosemary flavor, keep the sprig or needles whole, and remove them with the garlic. —Treble723
Serves 1, but can be easily multiplied.
- 1 handful chanterelles, brushed clean and sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, lightly crushed
- The tip of a rosemary spring (or about 4 - 6 needles), minced finely
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- White truffle oil (optional, but oh so worth it)
- Off the heat, add the olive oil, butter, garlic, and rosemary to a small, non-stick sauté pan. Place on medium low heat and allow the garlic and rosemary to steep in the oil and butter.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, cream, and salt and pepper in a small bowl until just mixed.
- Once the garlic is sizzling and starting to turn golden brown, remove it from the pan. Throw in the chanterelles and cook until just golden. Add in the eggs and stir the egg mixture very slowly with a spatula, creating large curds.
- Cook until the eggs are done to your liking; I think they’re best just slightly wet. Since they tend to continue cooking for a little bit, take them out a few seconds earlier than you think you need to. Drizzle lightly with truffle oil if you've got it. Serve with buttered toast.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.