If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is something that I came up with when I had an overabundance of chicken. I have been cooking for nearly 50 years now and frequently will invent something when the need arises. - janenov46
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 dashes paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces package fresh mushrooms, or a 4 oz can of mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 10 3/4 ounces can cream mushroom soup
- 6 ounces heavy cream, or canned milk to save a few calories.
- 4 cups cooked rice or egg noodles to serve the chicken and mushrooms over
- Wash and pat dry the chicken. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat the butter in a frypan, and cook the chicken until it is browned, then place in a baking dish.
- In the butter saute the garlic, onions, mushrooms and green onions, saute for 3 to 5 minutes
- Add broth and wine to deglaze the pan, bring to a boil.
- Add soup, and cream or milk, mix together and bring to a boil.
- pour sauce over chicken and bake in a pre heated 350° oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Gnocchi with a Twist
Gno potato, gno problem.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
All hail fried toast.
White and Gray Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.