Author Notes: Whenever I have stay over company, or something special like Christmas or Easter morning when the whole gang is together, I like to make this up the night before.
Christmas morning everyone can be opening up their presents while this bakes, or the kids look for their eggs. - janenov46
Serves 12 or
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, wiped with a damp paper towel
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozarella
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- 7 ounces 8 skices pepper jack cheese
- 6 to 8 ounces diced cooked ham
- 14.5 ounces can asparagus, or use cooked fresh, cut up into 2 inch spears
- 2 teaspoons dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon eash salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 2 cups milk
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non stick spray.
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean, then chop in large dice. Melt butter in a fry pan, and saute the mushrooms til tender.
- In a large bowl combine the mushrooms, eggs, cheeses, ham, asparagus, onion, parsley, and seasoning, bisquick and milk.Reserve the pepper jack cheese.
- At this point you can either bake immediately, or if you are going to bake tomorrow, cover and refrigerate.
- bake in a pre heated oven for about an hour , or unti center is set. 10 minutes before taking out ot the oven arrange the pepper jack cheese over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms