If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Based on a Parsley & Celery salad recipe from a cooking mag (Bon Appetit or Gourmet, can't remember which, just that it was sometime in 2006 or 2007. I think.) Anyway, I subbed fresh fennel bulb for the celery, added carrot shavings, and tweaked the dressing a bit. The recipe is for 2 (though I've been known to eat an entire recipe in one sitting), but the ingredients are in amounts that can be multiplied easily. - Bogre
- 1 carrot, peeled and shaved into ribbons
- 1 fennel bulb, halved, cored, and thinly sliced (use a mandoline if you have one)
- 1 cup Italian parsley leaves, rough chop
- 1/2 tablespoon whole-grain mustard (Dijon also works)
- Juice of 1/2 a navel orange
- scant 1/4 cups olive oil
- salt and lots of fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the carrot ribbons, chopped parsley, and sliced fennel in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the mustard, orange juice, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking to emulsify. You may not need all the dressing, so add only about half to the vegetables and toss. Add more if necessary. Allow to sit about half an hour for the flavors to meld.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.