If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are no unnecessary additions here, just the bright clean flavors of avocado, lemon or lime, and garlic. No tomatoes or cilantro to distract from the contrast between rich, buttery avocado and tart citrus. Mashing salt into the garlic softens and rounds out the flavor, without completely taming it. This dish is good with chips or raw vegetable as a side, spooned over chili or served with grilled meats. - creamtea
- 1 ripe avocadoes, halved, the pits removed
- 1/4 medium to large lemon or one half lime, plus additional wedges for garnish
- 1 smallish clove garlic, halved, the germ removed if large, and any green cut away
- 1 pinch sea salt, or to taste
- Scoop or squeeze the flesh of the avocado into a medium-sized bowl. Mash slightly. Squeeze the lemon or lime and remove any seeds. Mince the garlic, add a pinch or two of salt over the minced clove, and mash the salt into the garlic with the back of a spoon until a paste forms. Scrape the garlic paste into the bowl, add the lemon or lime juice, and mash all ingredients slightly to combine. The guacamole should still be chunky and textured. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve as a dip or spread with tortilla chips if desired, or as a garnish for chili. Cover with cling wrap until serving time, pressing wrap to surface of dip, and chill if making ahead. Remove from refrigerator about 1/2 hour prior to serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.