If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was an inspiration from American Test Kitchen.I saw a show on stuffed breasts. I decided to try to reverse it and make a mushroom loaf with a little chicken and this is what came out of it. —Fran McGinty
Makes one loaf
- 30 ounces white or Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thyme
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 pound Chicken tenders
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 3 teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 teaspoons Fresh Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Wipe mushrooms, trim bottoms and pulse in food processor
- Chop Onions and saute in pan with 1 T oil until soft, remove from pan set aside
- Add 1 T. oil and 1T. butter heat until shimmering and add mushrooms. Saute until golden.
- return onion to pan add garlic and Thyme and saute until fragrant. add lime juice saute until moisture evaporates about 1 minute longer.Salt and Pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Pulse chicken tenders in food processor and add to cooled mushroom mixture.Mix well place in loaf pan.
- Cook loaf at 350* for about 1 hour or until internal temperature of 160* While the Mushroom Loaf cooks make sauce.
- Add wine to pan that you cooked the mushrooms and Onions in and De-glaze pan. Add chicken broth and mustard cook on hi and reduce to 1 cup. Off of heat add butter,parsley and 3 teaspoons lime juice. season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Recipe of the Day
A burger that's bacon to be made
Recipe of the Day
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Good morning, honey.
The chicest apron around.