Author Notes: This was an inspiration from American Test Kitchen.I saw a show on stuffed breasts. I decided to try to reverse it and make a mushroom loaf with a little chicken and this is what came out of it. - Fran McGinty
Makes one loaf
- 30 ounces white or Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 pound Chicken tenders
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 3 teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 teaspoons Fresh Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Wipe mushrooms, trim bottoms and pulse in food processor
- Chop Onions and saute in pan with 1 T oil until soft, remove from pan set aside
- Add 1 T. oil and 1T. butter heat until shimmering and add mushrooms. Saute until golden.
- return onion to pan add garlic and Thyme and saute until fragrant. add lime juice saute until moisture evaporates about 1 minute longer.Salt and Pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Pulse chicken tenders in food processor and add to cooled mushroom mixture.Mix well place in loaf pan.
- Cook loaf at 350* for about 1 hour or until internal temperature of 160* While the Mushroom Loaf cooks make sauce.
- Add wine to pan that you cooked the mushrooms and Onions in and De-glaze pan. Add chicken broth and mustard cook on hi and reduce to 1 cup. Off of heat add butter,parsley and 3 teaspoons lime juice. season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms