If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from my love of mushrooms, throwing a bunch of them together with flavors I know work, and blending it all together! - StoCoyle
Serves 5-8 people
- 3 cups Shitake Mushrooms
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 bunches Enoki Mushrooms
- 4 Scallions
- 2 handfuls Wood ear mushrooms
- 2 Boxes of White Baby Mushrooms
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1.5 cups White Wine
- 4 cups Chick or Veggie Stock
- 1/2 Stick butter
- 1 sprig Chopped Rosemary
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 1 White Onion
- 1/2 Lime (Juiced as garnish)
- 1/4 Avocado (For garnish)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pinch Sea Salt (For Garnish, Black Sea Salt is great)
- 3 cups Leeks
- Add Extra virgin olive oil to pan over med-high heat. Sweat the onions and green onions and leeks until transparent. Add the chopped mushrooms until tender. Add the garlic, butter and sprigs of rosemary and thyme, add a handful of cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste. Once every ingredient has sweated down together, add the white wine and chicken stock, and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Once 1/2 of the liquid has evaporated use and hand mixer and blend the "stoup" together. (TURN THE HEAT OFF BEFORE DOING SO AND REMOVE THE POT FROM THE BURNER) Should look a grayish brownish concoction. Blend it until its a smooth consistency, (Or however chunky you desire) For plating dice up avocados and cut limes in half. once stoup is in bowl add the diced avocado, and sprinkle half of a lime's juice on top of the bowl...sprinkle coarse sea salt on top to finish! Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.