If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired by a recipe I have been using for years (one my family calls "It's not Potato Salad, Potato Salad") and inpatskitchen's Lemon Roasted Potatoes with Kalamatas. While I was at the market I saw some beautiful asparagus that seemed to call to me, "Add me to your salad." This is the end result. - GiGi26
Serves 6 in my family it would probably serve 4.
For the Salad
- 1 pound Asparagus
- 2 pounds Baby Gold Potatoes (cubed w/ peel on)
- 1/2 cup Green Onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pitted and sliced Kalamata Olives
For the Dressing
- 1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Seasoned Rice Vinegar ( I use Nakno brand)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash and cube potatoes. Place in pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until semi-fork tender.
- Wash Asparagus and trim off woody end. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- When potatoes are semi tender add asparagus and cook until they turn a bright green but are still crisp. The potatoes should be done at the same time.
- Put garlic, vinegar, dijon mustard, rosemary, salt, pepper and water in a jar and shake until mixed well. Set aside.
- Saute Mushrooms and garlic in a small pan coated with a little olive oil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add vinegar mixture simmer until reduced to half.
- Stir in olive oil until well mixed.
- Combine Asparagus, Potatoes, Olives and Green Onions in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the potato mixture and toss until well coated.
- The salad can be served warm, room temperature or chilled. The flavors blend very well when chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms