Author Notes: I created this recipe using a fabulous herb-fused Italian olive oil produced by Gaetano's Restaurant in Red Bank, NJ where my son is restaurant manager. Marinating the chicken in the olive oil for a few hours brought out incredibly savory flavors as well as creating a very moist and tender chicken.With this contest, I decided to take the recipe to another level by adding a harvest coarse ground mustard. Result was incredibly delicious! Thank you for inspiring me to another challenge. - maggie531
- 8-10 chicken tenders at least one inch thick
- Herb-infused olive oil to cover
- Harvest Coarse Ground Mustard (preferably Grey Poupon)
- Juice of one freshly squeezed lemon
- Freshly ground peppercorn medley and McCormick's grinder garlic & sea salt
- Fresh Oregano for garnish
- Spread chicken tenders out in one layer in pyrex dish. Pour olive oil to cover. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and garlic/sea salt combo. Brush tenders with mustard. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour ~ turn tenders over, sprinkle with pepper and garlic/sea salt and baste with olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least another hour ~ the longer, the better so flavors can be thoroughly infused. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove tenders from marinade and saute lightly until slightly browned. Return to pyrex dish and bake in 350 degree oven for five minutes per side basting one or twice. Remove from oven, arrange on platter and spread more mustard on tenders. Whisk olive oil and remaining mustard in oven dish, pour over tenders and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice. Garnish with oregano sprigs.
- Serve with creamy rice pilaf or risotto.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken with Mustard