If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whenever I serve these mushroom blintzes, everyone wants to know how to prepare the dough and they are shocked to learn that the blintz is white bread. This recipe is great for company because the blintzes can be prepared ahead and frozen and then you just bake what you need. - Joy Betesh
Makes 50 blintzes
- 2 pounds baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs(you can use rosemary, thyme, sage or whatever you like)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper or more to taste
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- 2 sticks butter melted
- To prepare the mushroom filling,saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes, then add the celery and cook another 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or till mushrooms release their juices. Continue cooking a few minutes longer until the juices have mostly evaporated. Add the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Put the mushroom mixture in a colander and drain(save the mushroom juices....delicious in soup or pasta). Add the goat cheese to mushroom mixture and mix well. Transfer mixture to food processor and pulse for 30-40 seconds.
- Cut the crusts off of the white bread.Place a slice of bread between two pieces of wax paper and using a rolling pin flatten out the bread. Using a pastry brush, brush the bread with the melted butter, put a teaspoon of the mushroom filling along the edge of the bread and roll up. Place on a tray with the seam side down. Brush the outside of blintz with melted butter. Continue this process with the rest of the bread. Refrigerate the tray for 2 hours. Then cut the blintzes in half. At this point you can place them back on the tray and when frozen store in a plastic bag. To bake the bread blintzes, simply assemble on baking tray and bake in 350 oven for 10-15 minutes or till golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Tags: serves a crowd
Genius, explained at last.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Gnocchi with a Twist
Gno potato, gno problem.
All hail fried toast.