If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It took me a long time to perfect this recipe to make it delicious. I love the flavor offered by the mushrooms to the risotto. It really is very simple, yet as we know, risotto requires constant attention. - michellef
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 10 ounces Shitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beer, any brand will do
- 3 cups chicken broth, homemade preferred.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare mushrooms. Remove stems and gently wipe clean with a damp paper towel. Then rough chop.
- Measure 1 cup Arborio rice.
- Have ready 1 cup of beer, and heat 3 cups of chicken stock. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and saute till the mushrooms begin to soften, and you begin to smell the delicious aroma, about 3 minutes.
- Add the 1 cup of rice, mixhing together with mushrooms, allowing the rice to slightly toast, but not brown...about 3 minutes.
- Now you will slowly begin to add the beer, while constantly stirring, until it is absorbed into the rice.
- Add 1 cup of hot chicken broth slowly, continue stirring once again until all is absorbed. Continue to slowly add all broth until you have added all 3 cups.
- You know it's done when you have a nice creamy consistency. You can count on standing over the stove for about 20 minutes, but it will be worth it!
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a side dish to anything, or as a main dish with an arugala salad and crusty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.