If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When the morels arrive, I know that Spring has arrived as well. Although I choke when I see the price, morels are worth every penny. Here, they are simply sauteed in butter with leeks and parsley and a bit of lemon juice. You can use this delicious concoction many ways - inside an omelette, over pasta, or as a side to beef. Here, it is served on a toasted French bread. It is best shared among friends over a glass of wine. - Waverly - Waverly
Food52 Review: When we announced the mushroom contest, we were hoping someone would submit a recipe that really embraced the rich, loamy quality of morels -- rather than dousing them in cream or mixing them with other types of mushrooms. Waverly makes the most of these often exorbitant spring treasures by sauteing them in butter with lemon juice, leeks and herbs, and then topping homemade crostini with the morels and some soft goat cheese. This is simple, fresh cooking at its best. - A&M - A&M
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced thin
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces fresh morels, cleaned and sliced lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 cups leeks, sliced thin, white and pale green parts only
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- goat cheese, to taste
- MAKE THE TOAST: Preheat oven to 350. Place sliced bread on a baking sheet. Brush each piece with olive oil. Bake until bread is lightly toasted, 10-15 minutes. Arrange toast on a serving tray.
- SAUTE MORELS: In a large skillet, melt butter over MEDIUM HIGH heat. Add morels and saute 2-3 minutes. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Saute until morels are tender, about 3 minutes.
- ADD LEEKS, LEMON JUICE, AND PARSLEY: Add leeks to mushrooms and saute until soft, 3-4 minutes more. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- ASSEMBLE AND SERVE: Pour mixture into a serving bowl and then place the bowl on top of the serving tray with the toast. Place goat cheese on the tray. Let everyone assemble their own crostini: smear a bit of goat cheese on toast, then top with a spoonful of morels.
- Your Best Mushrooms Contest Winner!
Tags: Cocktail Party