If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I frequently work out of town, so when I get home, I love to cook something quick and easy, but healthy. We love this recipe. The smoky flavor with the mushrooms just calls to you. Can eat in a cabbage roll or with whole wheat noodles and a green leafy salad.,,,.yum! —texas626
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic powder
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup
- 4 Button mushrooms, chopped
- 5-6 sprigs Parsley
- 2 large slicing tomatoes
- 4 Medium size cabbage leaves
- 2 teaspoons Roasted (no salt) sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar (opt)
- 3-4 teaspoons Minced black olives
- 4 Button mushrooms, sliced
- Brown meat and onion in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and reduce heat. Add in mushroom soup-do not add milk or water. Stir well.
- Add the 4 chopped button mushrooms, the balsamic vinegar, and the Liquid Smoke. Stir well. Mix in 1 1/2-2 tsp minced black olives, saving the rest for garnishment. Mix well, and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle your plates with half of remaining black olives. Place the cabbage leaf in the center of the plate. Spoon your stroganoff onto the cabbage leaf. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and the black olives you have left. Slice your tomatoes and place 2-3 slices on near the bottom of the plate beneath the cabbage leaf. Now garnish both the storganoff and plate with parsley. Take your sliced button mushrooms and stand them at an angle in the stroganoff. This really makes an awesome plate!
- The cabbage leaf can be slightly rolled with the stroganoff in it, picked up and eaten. If this is not desired, you can have al dente whole wheat noodles ready and waiting for the stroganoff to come calling. Either way, it's different, tasty, and delicious!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
When Donuts Go Free-Form
Churros: Spain's easier, faster fried pastry
Churros: the free-form, fast donut.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat like your favorite literary heroines.
The chicest apron around.