If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is created for my love mushrooms, meat and potatoes. This brandy mushroom sauce is great on just about anything. You can serve it over veggies, beef, chicken, seafood, venison. Cooking is my passion! - Sherri Williams
Brandy Mushroom Sauce
- 2 packets brown gravy packet
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, dry
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup brandy/whiskey
- 4 ounces heavy whipping cream, optional
- 1 teaspoon cruched red pepper
Bone-in Pork Loin Chop:
- 4 bone-in pork loin chop, 1 inch
- 2 tablespoons montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium blend, marinade
- mix ingredients 2-4. poke holes in the pork loin chops. rub chops with mariade. put chops and marinade in a zip lock bag. marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- on a hot grill, grill chops for 5-6 minutes on each side. internal temperture should be 145 degrees. remove, tent and rest chops. chops will continue to cook.
- meanwhile, add extra virgin loive oil to large heated pan. sauté mushrooms until golden brown. add shallots and thyme, sauté until shallots are caramel in color. mix 2 packets of brown gravy mix with 2 cups of water in a mixing bowl, add mixture along with pepper to sautéed veggies. add brandy and let simmer. add cream and simmer for an additional minute.
- serve mushroom brandy sauce over grilled pork loin chops.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.