Author Notes: The Portabellos are crunchy on the outside while super moist, juicy and flavorful on the inside. Baking the sticks rather than frying is a healthy way to enjoy portabella mushrooms. If you do not have Panko, bread crumbs can be substituted. - KCintheKitchen
- 4 large Portabella mushrooms sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup Panko
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon both salt and pepper
- Mix together the panko, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs with the milk.
- Dip the mushrooms int he egg and then into the panko/cheese mixture making sure to coat well.
- Place mushrooms on non stick baking sheet
- Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes
- Turn mushrooms over and bake another 8 minutes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms