If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Anthony Bourdain's Mushroom Soup at Les Halles, this is easy, filling, and so perfect for a cold night. —ModernSwap
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 1 spring parsley
- 4 ounces dry sherry (do not use cooking sherry)
- fresh cracked pepper
- black truffle oil
- In a large pot, melt 2 tbsp butter and saute onion until soft but not brown.
- Add remaining butter, melt, and then stir in mushrooms. Saute 8 minutes.
- Add sprig of parsley and stock to pot. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer. Cover pot and simmer on low for 1 hour.
- Turn off heat and puree with immersion blender in pot.
- Stir in sherry and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and drizzle with truffle oil and a sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serve with crusty French bread and brie cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Cilantro Lovers, Take Note
Recipes to help use up the whole bunch.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Build a better burger.
Get your shine on.