If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my Dad's pride and joys. During the summer at BBQs at his house he would make this for anyone who loved ceviche...he doesn't cook much now... so it's my turn. Super simple with few ingredients, but oh so good! - inpatskitchen
Makes 4 appetizer servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless fresh salmon, wild caught if possible, preferably center cut, cut in thin slices on the diagonal
- 1 1/2 lemons
- sea salt
- white pepper
- 12 medium white button mushrooms ( or more if you like - just increase the olive oil a bit)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill
- dill sprigs for garnish
- thin slices of preserved lemon for garnish and a punch (optional)
- 4 small salad plates
- Toss the thinly sliced salmon gently with the juice of 1 lemon and a light dusting of the sea salt and white pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes thinly slice the mushrooms and toss with the juice of the half lemon, the olive oil, and a little more sea salt and white pepper.
- Arrange equal portions of mushrooms and salmon on each of the four plates. Sprinkle the salmon with the minced dill, garnish and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms