If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband and I ate at Volt restaurant in Frederick, MD in February and we had this amazing Goat Cheese stuffed Ravioli with a Mushroom sauce. I searched all over the internet to find a recipe with no luck, so I decided to try to recreate on my own. It doesn't taste exactly the same, but I think it almost tastes better. This sauce can be paired with almost anything. I have tried it with spinach ravioli, steak and chicken, with each time just as delicious as the last. - Jodi K
Makes 2 cups
- 9 ounces Maitake Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Sweet onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup Sherry
- 7 ounces Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Sage, Fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice mushrooms and chop sage
- Heat a large saute pan on medium and add butter
- When butter is melted, add mushrooms and onion
- When mushrooms are brown and soft, add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes
- Add Sherry and allow to reduce by half
- Add cream and sage. Allow to reduce by 1/3.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with pasta, beef or chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.