If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is my idea of the way mushrooms could be adapted into a meatball type healthy vegetarian recipe with the influence of spices and ingredients from the Schezuan region of China. The quantities can be easily duplicated or increased to serve 4 or more people. - Monadog
- 2 cups White Button Mushrooms
- 2 Onions
- 2 pieces Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Cornflour
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Wine
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon Soya Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 pieces Red Chillies
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop mushroom, onion and garlic together and form into balls.
- Mix into a thick paste made of the cornflour and some water.
- Remove the balls from the excess paste and reserve it.
- Deep-fry the balls until golden in color.
- Slice red peppers and fry in a little oil.
- Add stock, soya sauce, vinegar, wine, crushed chilies, and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add remaining cornflour paste and mushroom balls.
- Simmer until the gravy is thick.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce