If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband and I love to eat steaks at home. but I get tired of just grilling them with some seasonings. So I decided to make them in a skillet with a wonderful mushroom sauce!!! The mushroom sauce makes the steaks over the top fantastic!!!
—Coleen McCrea Katz
- 4 strip steaks
- 1 tablespoon Seasoning Salt
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 cups Fresh sliced White Button Mushrooms
- 1 cup Fresh Diced White Onions
- 6 tablespoons Salted Butter
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 10 ounces Philadelphia Cooking Crème, Savory Garlic Flavor
- Pre heat oven to warm. On a plate or baking dish sprinkle half of seasonings and place steaks on the seasonings to season that side of the steaks. Sprinkle other sides of steaks and allow steaks to come to room temperature before cooking.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and sauté onions and mushrooms for about 5 minutes, until soft and browned. Push onions and mushrooms to the sides of the pan.
- Add additional 2 tablespoons of butter and cooking first steak, 5 minutes per side. Place steak in a baking dish in the oven to keep warm.
- Add additional 2 tablespoons of butter to pan and cook each steak, 5 minutes per side. Place steaks in the oven to keep warm.
- Add Cooking Crème and Heavy Cream in skillet and whisk to loosen bits from bottom of pan and combine all ingredient. Whisk until Cooking Crème is melted. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes whisking occasionally. Serve steaks with sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.