Author Notes: These were inspired by those zucchini and spinach squares you see all over made with baking mix. The little crunch on the edges is especially nice and the aleppo adds just a little background warmth. - inpatskitchen
Makes 12 2x3 inch rectangles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces your favorite mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon aleppo pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil
- 2 cups shredded, part skim mozzarella cheese
- In a saute pan, brown the mushrooms and garlic in the butter. Add the green onion and saute about 30 more seconds. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl combine the milk, egg, flour, baking powder, salt, aleppo and basil.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cheese. Spread into an 11x7 baking dish which has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes. Cut and serve when slightly warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms