Author Notes: The pure simplicity of this recipe is what makes it amazing. I wanted the mushrooms to shine in this dish and they do just that. The herbs, onion and lemon juice add a depth of flavor to the mushrooms, as the truffle oil is the elegant topper. This is a great side dish to serve with a prime cut of steak or pork loin...or as a main dish souping the delicious juices with french bread. - Table9
Serves 4 side dishes
- 1/2 pound Cremini Mushrooms, Rinsed and Dried
- 1/2 pound Bella Mushrooms, Rinsed and Dried
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Fresh Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon White Truffle Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme, Minced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Minced
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Toss mushrooms with sliced onions, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Cook for 20 minutes, toss sparingly to ensure all mushrooms get coated with the wonderful sauce.
- Remove mushrooms and toss with rosemary, thyme, parsley and truffle oil. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms