If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Usually I like my steak naked, but after eating the 'Steak Frites' at Beacon Hill Bistro in Boston and tasting the 'sauce' I decided I had to try to replicate it making it my own. So, I began experimenting with things, and this recipe is what was born! - Ally's Kitchen
Makes 1 1/2 to 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Oyster, Shitake, Baby Bella mushrooms (or your preference of types!)
- 1/2 cup Fresh chopped basil, thyme, and Italian flat parsley
- 1 1/2 cup Beef broth
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1/2 cup Green Onion/tops (chiffonade cut)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- N/A dashes Red Pepper Flakes
- N/A Fresh ground kosher salt & white pepper to taste
- 1. Heat oil and butter in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, basil, thyme, and parsley. Cook about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add 1 cup broth and all the red wine and green onions. Bring to boil. Reduce heat medium, simmer, until broth is reduced by one-third.
- 3. Combine cornstarch with remaining broth (1/2 cup) in small bowl and blend. Drizzle in slowly to mushroom mixture. Stir constantly about 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. NOTE: If you want a little more a spice, add some red pepper flakes. 6. NOTE: Add a little more freshly chopped parsley when completed and blend.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms