Author Notes: Usually I like my steak naked, but after eating the 'Steak Frites' at Beacon Hill Bistro in Boston and tasting the 'sauce' I decided I had to try to replicate it making it my own. So, I began experimenting with things, and this recipe is what was born! - Ally's Kitchen
Makes 1 1/2 to 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Oyster, Shitake, Baby Bella mushrooms (or your preference of types!)
- 1/2 cup Fresh chopped basil, thyme, and Italian flat parsley
- 1 1/2 cup Beef broth
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1/2 cup Green Onion/tops (chiffonade cut)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- N/A dashes Red Pepper Flakes
- N/A Fresh ground kosher salt & white pepper to taste
- 1. Heat oil and butter in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, basil, thyme, and parsley. Cook about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add 1 cup broth and all the red wine and green onions. Bring to boil. Reduce heat medium, simmer, until broth is reduced by one-third.
- 3. Combine cornstarch with remaining broth (1/2 cup) in small bowl and blend. Drizzle in slowly to mushroom mixture. Stir constantly about 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. NOTE: If you want a little more a spice, add some red pepper flakes. 6. NOTE: Add a little more freshly chopped parsley when completed and blend.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms