If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Earthy mushrooms are balanced out by a rich broth that gets an added layer of flavor from a hefty dose of red wine – any red you have open will work, but I like to use something slightly sweet like a zinfandel. A surprise portion of baguette and creamy Brie hidden in the bottom of the bowl melts into the soup and adds a touch of creaminess and an oh-so-French flair. —HealthyDelicious
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch thyme
- 4 ounces baguette
- 4 ounces brie
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter and garlic in a soup pan set over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft and golden, about 15 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in the stock, wine, bay leaves, and thyme. Bring to a boil, the reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread each baguette slice with some Brie. Place two slices in the bottom of each of four bowls. Spoon the hot soup over top to melt the cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.