Author Notes: This is a recipe from my mom's book of old recipes. I am not sure if it was originally modified from elsewhere but my grandmother was a baker so I can assume she had some input! It is incrediblly easy and delicious. I usually make a simple buttercream icing with the cake but I am sure a cappucino icing would be great too! - alexmr
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups hot coffee
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and make a hole in the center of the mixture.
- Add the butter ( chopped into 6 squares),eggs, vanilla, and hot coffee to the hole in the dry ingredients.
- "Beat like Hell" ( I use an electronic mixer and beat for about 2 minutes on med/high speed.
- Pour mixture into two 9 inch cake pans and cook at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee