If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe from my mom's book of old recipes. I am not sure if it was originally modified from elsewhere but my grandmother was a baker so I can assume she had some input! It is incrediblly easy and delicious. I usually make a simple buttercream icing with the cake but I am sure a cappucino icing would be great too! - alexmr
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups hot coffee
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and make a hole in the center of the mixture.
- Add the butter ( chopped into 6 squares),eggs, vanilla, and hot coffee to the hole in the dry ingredients.
- "Beat like Hell" ( I use an electronic mixer and beat for about 2 minutes on med/high speed.
- Pour mixture into two 9 inch cake pans and cook at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
Follow Food52 on social media!
Connect with us.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Soffritto's a superstar.
This is poppin'.