If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I posted a recipe for an alcoholic coffee cocktail on my blog, it was surprising to see the number of requests for a non alcoholic version. I'll admit, I underestimated the power of a caffeine buzz that makes this mocktail so enjoyable. —Panfusine
Makes 2 servings
ginger infused syrup
- 1 cup freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
creamy coffee mocktail
- 2 shots freshly brewed espresso coffee
- 3-4 tablespoons ginger syrup
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh ginger extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk plus extra for frothing
- brown sugar for rimming the glass
- To make the ginger syrup, combine the sugar & water over medium heat till the sugar dissolves, add the grated ginger & cook till the mixture reduces & is syrupy in consistency. Strain the grated ginger & store the syrup in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. The syrup may be used for other beverages such as ginger flavored lemonades. or simply drizzled over a lemon or mango sorbet.
- To make ginger extract, finely grate a 2 -3 inch piece of ginger & squeeze out the juice. allow to stand for 5 minutes before decanting. Discard the white residue at the bottom.
- In a pyrex mixing cup (or any other suitable container for mixing) , combine the espresso coffee, ginger root extract and the ginger syrup. stir well. Add the milk as per your preference & chill till really cold.
- Heat the remaining milk for 30 s in the microwave & whip well using an aerolater (a fancy name for those battery operated milk whips that retail for $ 1.99 @ Ikea)
- Decant into a mini martini glass. Spoon froth over the coffee, Garnish with chocolate shavings or a piece of dark chocolate if desired, & serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
Raise the Bar
Stocking a bar cart's simple when you have a strategy
Raise the bar (cart).
The dreamiest foods around.
Here are your Community Picks!
A can-do tool.