If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the ultimate cole slaw for pairing with BBQ. Around my house, its almost a necessity that this is made whenever the smoker gets fired up. The large amount of red cabbage gives this cole slaw an awesome pink color, which looks ever so beautiful on a pulled pork sandwich.
Plan to make this one at least a few hours ahead of time, if not the day before. I've found that one of the tricks to great cole slaw is to let it sit for a few hours, and let everything get soft in the creamy dressing. Also, this makes a fair amount of slaw, so if you are making this for just a few, think about halving the recipe. - BigDaveSpoon
Serves 12 or more
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 5 carrots
- 2 cups mayonaise
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Shred cabbage and carrots, and place in large bowl. This can either be accomplished by hand, or more easily, with the help of the slicing blade on a large food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine.
- Transfer to smallest storage container that will easily hold it all and place in fridge to chill. If you are feeling ambitious (and have placed your cole slaw in an appropriate container), you can shake it every couple of hours to re-coat all of the salad.
- Shake thoroughly before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking