If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cake, brownie, and pudding, all in one easy to bake cake. The minimal amount of mixing makes it perfect for days when you want something sweet but don't want to work for it. Reminiscent of an English trifle with creamy cakey gooeyness, itcould be made more so by serving it with freshly whipped cream and berries. —testkitchenette
Serves about 6-8
- 1 cup white whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tblsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon espresso liqueur (I use Van Gogh brand)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups hot strong coffee or espresso
- 1/2 cup milk/coconut milk/almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a square 8×8 Pyrex or round Corningware dish
- Combine all of the flour, 1/4 c. + 1 tblsp. cocoa powder, 1/2 c. sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in coconut oil/butter, espresso liqueur, vanilla, and milk. Stir until dry ingredients are incorporated. Spread in baking dish. Combine rest of the sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over batter in baking dish. Pour the hot coffee over the batter (don’t mix it in) and bake for 45 min. Serve warm from oven.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
Summer, Don't End
recipes that make the sunshine last a little longer
Summer, please don't go.
Stick it to 'em.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Recipe of the Day
Get your shine on.