If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best recipe for coffee beans is Sambuca. But if you need a non-beverage recipe, instant coffee whipped in heavy cream is what my mom did. You can create a fun dotted cream with ground espresso that can top a dark or white chocolate mousse. It's a distinct taste so it's not a whipped topping for every dessert. This is my first contest and I made a huge mistake I took it to mean coffee beans. Not that coffee is that easy. Now I'm committed to this one.
The whipped cream topping is a dessert in itself. - blanka.n
For the Mousse
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons brewed espresso
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon very finely ground espresso beans
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- First make your mousse: Melt chocolate, espresso and butter over a double boiler - very slowly. Keeping stirring with a wooden spoon til smooth. Remove from heat and keep in a warm spot by the stove.
- Separate eggs, making sure none of your egg yolks are in the whites. In a large bowl, beat egg whites - half way til they're done add 1 T. sugar and continue beating til soft peaks form.
- Add yolks to chocolate and heat through again for a minute or two. Cool again.
- Whip cream with 1 T. sugar til stiff and refrigerate.
- Take chocolate mixture and slowly fold in I/2 of the whipped cream and then the egg whites. Then incorporate the rest of the whipped cream. Do this folding process gently because you don't want the mixture to deflate.
- Pour into serving bowl or individual dishes and refrigerate for at least 4 hours - overnight is better.
- Mocha topping: ******This recipe hinges on keeping the whipped topping in the fridge as long as possible - otherwise it's too grainy. Whip together espresso, cream and sugar. and serve on top of mousse.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
The Questionable History of the Arnold Palmer
What makes a legendary drink legendary.
History of the Arnold Palmer
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Recipes Our Moms Cooked
Go play outside!