If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With the theme this week I wanted to experiment with something simple. A lassi variation seemed perfect. So I first decided to make ice cubes from coffee. Then for a little added texture I used instant espresso coffee in the lassi as well. Variations in spices are really easy to suggest, if you have different preferences. —Sagegreen
Coffee ice cubes
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- mixed spices, optional @1 tsp.
- Make two cups of brewed very strong coffee or espresso. The way I prefer to brew my coffee is to heat filtered water to 190-200 degrees. In a filter cone place the freshly ground coffee beans. Add optional spices such as fennel, cardamom, cinnamon and ginger at this point, too. Pour in a tease of the hot water (about 1/4 the amount) to wake up the ground beans; let that small amount of water slowly filter through. Then pour in the remaining water to complete the brew. I have used Jamaican blue coffee beans.
- Let two cups of brewed espresso or strong coffee cool. Then pour into an ice cube tray and freeze for at least 5 hours. You will have 14 cubes for use. Great for iced coffee, too.
- 1 cup thick Greek plain yogurt, fage
- 1 tablespoon instant Espresso (Medaglia D' Oro) powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon zested fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds or cardamom (I use an old coffee bean grinder)
- 1/4 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, such as acacia or tupelo, to taste
- 1 small fresh banana
- 2 coffee ice cubes, crushed
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process. Chill, if desired.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of orange zest,cardamom, cinnamon, cocoa or other spice as desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
Recipe of the Day
Use your melon (to make this salad)
Recipe of the Day
Enter our latest contest!
It's time to travel.
GMOs: You have the right to know.
Put cake on a pedestal.